Alfred Alexander Taylor Family Papers
Scope and Contents
The Alfred Alexander Taylor Family papers contain advertisements, correspondence, copies of campaign memorabilia, family photographs, newsclippings, speeches, and published tributes reflecting Taylor's political career and family life. Most of the papers were created through coverage of Taylor's political responsibilities. Some material concerning his wife, Jennie, and son, Benjamin H. Taylor, are included in the collection.
- Majority of material found within 1886-1950
- Taylor, Alfred Alexander (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The papers are open for research.
1.75 linear feet (four (4) boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection is divided into four series: Series 1, General Correspondence, 1815 and 1906-1937; Series 2, Photographs (undated); Series 3, Publications and Speeches, 1886-1930; and Series 4, Newsclippings and Scrapbooks, 1890, 1920-1962. Series 4 contains an oversize folder of broadsheet newsclippings, dated 1920-1961, that is stored by accession number in the map cabinets.
Method of Acquisition
The papers of Alfred Alexander Taylor were donated to the Archives of Appalachia on May 26, 1992 by Mrs. Sandra Graf Green, granddaughter of Alfred Alexander Taylor.
Broadsheet-size newsclippings were removed from Series IV and placed in an oversized folder. The folder is stored in the map cabinets by accession number.
Processing of collection was completed in October 1995 by William Drumright.
- Graf, Catherine Taylor
- Harding, Warren G. (Warren Gamaliel), 1865-1923
- Haynes, Landon Carter, 1816-1875
- Peay, Austin, 1876-1927
- Reeves, Rhoda Taylor, 1855-1943
- Taylor, Benjamin Harrison, 1888-1930
- Taylor, Hugh Lawton, 1859-1935
- Taylor, Jennie Anderson
- Taylor, Mamie St. John
- Taylor, Robert Love, 1850-1912
- Labor disputes Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Taxation Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Tennessee. General Assembly
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA