Uptegrove Family Collection
Scope and Contents
The Uptegrove Family Collection consists of one file folder containing information relating to the Uptegrove family and the Uptegrove Lumber Company. Included are recollections of William E. and Gifford M. Uptegrove, a photocopy of the fall 1999 issue of the Blue Ridge Steamwinder related to the Uptegrove business operations, transcriptions of various articles about Uptegrove Lumber Company, a photocopy of a 1975 map of "Tweetsie Country" with the Uptegrove Lumber Company railroad incline highlighted, and an Uptegrove Lumber Company timeline.
- Uptegrove, William E. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
0.10 linear feet
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The Uptegrove Family Collection was donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Pieter Uptegrove, Newton, New Jersey, on September 29, 2000. Karen Lowrie contributed two calendar cards in 2019, accession number 2019-055.
This collection was processed by Brianne Johnson and opened for research in May 2007.
- Uptegrove, William, 1852-1935
- American Cigar Box Lumber Company
- East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Railroad
- Industries -- Tennessee -- Johnson City Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Johnson City, Bakersville and Southern Railway Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Logging--Appalachian Region, Soutern Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Lumbering--Tennessee Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Maps Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Uptegrove family
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA