Highlander Research and Education Center (Knoxville, Tenn.)
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
The collection is arranged into two series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1975-1983 and undated, and Series 2, Publications, 1977-1983.
The collection is arranged into three series. Series 1, Personal Papers, 1975-1982; Series 2, Professional Papers, 1976-1994; Series 3, Audio Cassettes, undated.
The Franklin Parker Collection contains materials that document the life of Myles Horton and his activities at the Highlander Research and Education Center (known prior to 1961 as the Highlander Folk School). Included are articles, newspaper clippings, publications, and correspondence.
The collection consists of materials which document the operation of the TEACH office, as well as the activities of the organization. Included are minutes of board meetings, grant proposals, TEACH's charter and bylaws, clippings and published reports on environmental hazards in Tennessee and other states, and articles and reports on activities of environmental groups in Tennessee and other geographical regions. The records date from 1973 through 1983.
- Publications (document genre) 7
- Corporation records 5
- Personal papers 5
- Coal mines and mining 4
- Ledgers (account books) 3
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Economic conditions 2
- Bumpass Cove (Tenn.) 2
- Hazardous waste sites -- Tennessee -- Unicoi County 2
- Miners--Health and hygiene 2
- Photographs 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Women coal miners 2
- Agriculture -- Appalachian Region, Southern 1
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Social conditions 1
- Bluegrass music 1
- Clinch River Breeder Reactor Demonstration Power Plant (Tenn.) 1
- Coal mines and mining -- Appalachian Region 1
- Coal mines and mining -- Safety measures 1
- Community development -- Appalachian Region, Southern 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- Study and teaching 1 + ∧ less