Central Tobacco Warehouse (Johnson City, Tenn.)
Central Tobacco Warehouse was organized and built in 1931 with Elbert Haynes Miller as president. Located on Cherry Street in Johnson City, Tennessee, the warehouse had 75,000 square feet of floor space.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Collection — other: Folder 1 in Box F
Scope and Contents The Miller Family Collection consists of photocopies of documents pertaining to Elbert Haynes Miller and his wife, Marion Louise Friberg Miller. There are pedigree charts for both Miller and Friberg; a brief sketch of the life of Mrs. Miller's father, Andrew Friberg; information about the building of the Central Tobacco Warehouse and the reorganization of the Miller Brothers Company from a lumber company to a hardwood floor company; and some ephemera.
Collection — Box: J (Small Collections)
Scope and Contents The Tobacco Warehouse Collection consists of 17 receipts and tobacco warehouse checks related to the sale of tobacco at local tobacco warehouses in Johnson City, Tenn., between 1929 and 1940. Receipts give the names of the tobacco grower and the tobacco buyer as well as the weight of tobacco sold and the amount paid. Among the tobacco warehouses represented in the collection are the Central Tobacco Warehouse, Cozart & Foxworth Tobacco Warehouse, and Farmers & Merchants Warehouse.