East Tennessee State University. Alumni Affairs Office
An alumni association was first organized at East Tennessee State Normal School during the spring quarter, 1915. The first president was William Edgar Lyle. When East Tennessee acquired college status in 1925, a new alumni association was established on May 16, 1925. Officers elected were W. C. Morrison, president; Albert E. Choats, vice-president; Mary Elsie White, secretary; and Frank J. Alexander, treasurer. The association began publishing the Alumni Quarterly in 1935. Since the 1950s, alumni services at East Tennessee have undergone reorganization, with the alumni association becoming part of a more encompassing alumni office. In 1959 there was organized the Public Information and Alumni Services Office. In 1960 that office became Alumni Services, and in 1970 Alumni Affairs. Fifteen years later alumni activities and services became part of the Alumni and University Relations Office.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The Alumni Affairs Office Records are divided into five series as follows: Series 1, Photographic Prints; Series 2, Photographic Negatives; Series 3, Henrietta Peck Ayre Green Materials; Series 4, Printed and Miscellaneous Materials; and Series 5, Artifacts.