Delta Sigma Pi
The Delta Xi Chapter of Delta Sigma Pi fraternity was installed in the School of Business Administration and Economics (now the College of Business), East Tennessee State College, May 17, 1958. Delta Xi became the 100th chapter of the national professional business fraternity, which was founded in 1908. The organization of Delta Xi goes back to early 1957 when several students and members of the faculty expressed an interest in fostering cooperation between students and the business world. Professor Clinton S. Ferguson, Department of Economics, initiated contact with the national organization, which suggested formation of a local chapter. The local chapter had to operate successfully for four and one half months before it could petition the national to establish a chapter. On March 6, 1957, the local business fraternity of Phi Beta Chi was founded. By the end of the 1956-57 academic year, membership had grown to forty. On March of the following year, the local group successfully petitioned the national for membership. On May 17, 1958 the Delta Xi Chapter at East Tennessee State College was established with 54 charter members. The first officers were: President Thomas G. Roberts, Senior Vice-President William C. McAmis, Vice-President Joe W. Morley, Secretary Harold J. Harrison, Treasurer Elden M. Cooke, Historian Alvin C. Parish, and Chapter Advisor Clyde H. Farnsworth.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — other: 1 folder in box 4