George S. Hannah opened a clothing store in 1912 at 213 W. Main Street in Johnson City, Tenn. The store became one of the prominent businesses in the city. In 1925, the store was incorporated as Hannah’s, Inc. For many years, the store was co-owned by Ferrell B. Hannah and Harry Smith, who retired in 1969. At that time, Morrell Lacy became president of the board of directors. Kenneth Lacy (Pam Lacy Lancaster’s father) began working in the family business in 1969 and led the store’s move from downtown Johnson City about 1970 to the Mall. The Mall store was eventually operated by Tommy Darden, and the name was changed to Darden’s. The downtown store continued to operate until closing on August 15, 1980.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Multiple Containers
Arrangement The records are arranged into three series, as follows: Series 1, Office Files, 1925-1981 and undated, Boxes 1-2 and oversized folder 1; Series 2, Ledgers, 1944-1980, oversized Box 3-4; and Series 3, Photographs, undated, Small Photograph Collection Box 7.