Windsor Hotel (Johnson City, Tenn.)
The Windsor Hotel, sometimes known as Hotel Windsor, was located on Main Street in Johnson City, Tennessee, in a three-story brick building convenient to passenger railway stations that once housed the Hotel Pardue. The Hotel Pardue was built in 1909 by Henry Wilson Pardue. Between 1913 and 1915, the name was changed to the Windsor Hotel and William F. Green became the proprietor. By 1919, William Green’s widow, Reba Green (later Reba Offinger) was in charge. Mrs. Offinger had moved to the Colonia Hotel by 1923 and in 1925, Wesley W. Westmoreland is the proprietor and remained so until sometime around 1932. By 1935, James H. Preas, Jr. and his brother, Ralph A. Preas are the co-managers; their father, a local physician, was probably the owner of the building by this time. Ralph remained the manager until 1970 or so. The building was demolished in 1971.
Johnson City Directories.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The Windsor Hotel Records consist primarily of pencil sketches of highway signs used for advertising the hotel between the 1930s and the 1950s. There are also a few letters concerning a possible loan; a list of signs and their locations; a door card from a hotel room; a hand-drawn street map of downtown Johnson City, Tennessee; and a sample of hotel stationery.