Magnet Mills, Inc.
Magnet Mills, Inc. of Clinton, Tennessee opened its doors in 1906 as Magnet Knitting Mills. In 1929, the Mill was incorporated as Magnet Mills, Inc., a locally owned and operated hosiery mill. In 1965, the mill was sold to Messrs. Frank and Samuel Burd of San Francisco, California. After the sale, the local management of the mill remained largely unchanged. In March 1967, a prolonged strike with Local 2125, Textile Workers Union of America, resulted in a management decision to close the mill down permanently.