Johnson City Foundry and Machine Works, Inc.
Johnson City Foundry and Machine Works, Inc. began operation in 1883 as the Miller and Crumley Foundry. The Miller and Crumley Foundry was purchased by Colonel Thomas E. Matson in 1884 and the company was granted a charter by the State of Tennessee that same year under the name of Johnson City Foundry and Machine Works. In 1907 the plant was moved from its Ashe Street location to Walnut Street in order to make room for the expansion of the Clinchfield Railroad.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The collection is divided into nine series: Series 1, Miscellaneous Ledgers and Journals, 1902-1972; Series 2, Shop Orders, 1946-1982; Series 3, Purchase Invoices, 1975-1983; Series 4, General Accounting Ledgers, 1930-1956; Series 5, Union Contracts and Bills of Lading, 1957-1984; Series 6, Company Documents; Series 7, Photographs; and Series 8, Oversize.