Skip to main content

Johnson City Mills

 Organization

Biography

This Johnson City hosiery mill was incorporated in 1916 and operated at 101 New Street. The original board of directors consisted of Ben A. Morton, C. L. Dooley, J. P. Roddy, G. H. Gallaher, and T. F. Dooley. In 1952, Leon-Ferenbach, Inc. acquired controlling interest in the company, adding the plant to its existing operations in the city. The company operates under that name at present.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Burr Harrison Photographs

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: AppMs-64
Scope and Contents The Burr Harrison Photographs consist of 380 photographic images (prints and negatives) depicting Johnson City and environs circa 1881-1958. The collection represents only a portion of Harrison's work, as much of it did not survive. The collection centers on photographs of commercial buildings in downtown Johnson City; industries, residences, apartment houses and churches in the city; buildings and activities at Mountain Home; and buildings at East Tennessee State Normal School (ETSNS). Some...
Dates: 1881-1958

Filtered By

  • Subject: Johnson City (Tenn.) -- History X