Skip to main content

Johnson City Mills

 Organization

Biography

This Johnson City hosiery mill was incorporated in 1916 and operated at 101 New Street. The original board of directors consisted of Ben A. Morton, C. L. Dooley, J. P. Roddy, G. H. Gallaher, and T. F. Dooley. In 1952, Leon-Ferenbach, Inc. acquired controlling interest in the company, adding the plant to its existing operations in the city. The company operates under that name at present.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Johnson City Mills Records

 Collection — other: Box 1
Identifier: AppMs-350
Scope and Contents

The Johnson City Mills Records consist of administrative records of the company and include a charter of incorporation with amendments and a volume of minutes of the board of directors. In addition to minutes, the volume contains proxy notices, stockholder reports, and other information documenting the history of the company from 1916 to 1952.

Dates: 1916-1952

Filtered By

  • Subject: Corporation records X