Kelly and Green Photo Craftsmen
Kelly and Green Photo Craftsmen was founded by Albert Kelly, Sr. in 1920. Opening day was Saturday, July 3. It was located at 514 Cumberland Street, Bristol, Virginia. The owners were: A. (Albert) S. Kelly of 1000 Prospect Avenue, who was also president of Bristol Radio Company, Inc.; C. (Charles) P. Kelly of King Mill Pike; and G. (George) L. Kelly of Erie, Pennsylvania.
Kelly and Green is the largest and most prominent photographic company in upper East Tennessee. Prior to World War II, the company's photographers photographed stores, city scenes (primarily in Bristol, Tennessee/Virginia), and schools. In those early years of business, the company had a complete mailing service of form letters, multigraphing, addressing, mailing, public stenography, and notarizing.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The collection is organized into two series: Series 1, 5" x 7" negatives and prints; and Series 2, 4" x 5" negatives and prints. The negatives have been placed before the prints. Nitrate negatives have been placed in Box 3, and damaged cellulose diacetate negatives in Box 4.