The Sapphonian Literary Society Records consist of one bound minute book which contains the constitution adopted on November 15, 1911; bylaws; a revised constitution and bylaws adopted on October 11, 1920; membership lists; and minutes (incomplete) of meetings from September 23, 1915 through January 15, 1927.
The Sapphonian Literary Society Minute Book was discovered on September 9, 1982 among the Washington County Court Records which had been moved from the basement of Sherrod Library in 1978. It was presumed that the volume was with the court records by mistake, therefore it was accessioned separately from those records. The minute book was opened for research in March 1988.
Ed Speer completed processing the collection in 1988.