The College of Education Records consists of a report of the teacher education program at then East Tennessee State College (1955), a plaque certifying ETSC membership in the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (1948), and 15 single sheet or multiple-sheet sets of blueprints and drawings (1966-81 and undated) of Warf-Pickel Hall (Education Building), the early childhood playground outside Warf-Pickel Hall, the ETSU Driving Range, and a floor plan of Brown Hall (Science Building). The materials primarily document accreditation of the teacher education program at ETSC and the construction of a new building (Warf-Pickel Hall) to house the College of Education.
The records are arranged in two series: Series 1, Accreditation Records, 1948-55 and Series 2, Blueprints and Drawings, 1966-81 and undated. Series 1 is arranged chronologically. Series 2 is arranged alphabetically by the subject of the blueprints/drawings and then chronologically with undated material filed after dated material.
Method of Acquisition
The College of Education Records were transferred to the University Archives on July 25, 1997 by Rebecca Osborne on behalf of the Office of the Dean, College of Education, ETSU.
N.Irwin completed processing the collection in 1997.