University Photographic Collection
The addition to the University Photographic Collection consists of photo lab daily work report sheets from the office files of the university photographer (Tom Daniel, at the time). The forms and a notebook used by the photographer document specific photographic activities of the photographer and photo lab for the period 1965-75.
Conditions Governing Access
64.00 Boxes (51 Hollinger Boxes, 2 Flat Boxes, 10 Oversize Boxes, Room 424 File cabinets, Oversize prints in map cabinets)
5.00 Motion pictures
UAA is subdivided into three series according to material type: Series 1, Negatives, 1965-86 and undated; Series 2, Contacts, 1965-86; and Series 3, Miscellaneous Materials, 1968 and undated.
UPA is divided into four series according to type of material: Series 1, Negatives, 1911-85; Series 2, Contacts, 1984-85; Series 3, Prints, 1911-90; and Series 4, Slides, 1960-90.
The Buccaneer Photographs are divided into five series according to school year: Series 4, 1986; Series 2, 1987; Series 3, 1988; Series 4, 1989, and Series 5, 1990. Three folders containing oversize UPA Prints have been placed in the map cabinets according to accession number.
The collection addendum is arranged in reverse chronological order with the exception of the notebook which is filed first. The addendum is ordered Subgroup 4, Office Files, 1965-75. Subgroup 4 consists of a single series titled Photo Lab Daily Reports, 1965-1975, Boxes 53-55.
Method of Acquisition
Accruals and Additions
Heather Flood donated two 1916 panoramic photographs in 2008, acq# 2008-031.
- Beller, Ronald E.
- Culp, Delos Poe
- DeRosier, Arthur H.
- Dossett, Burgin E. (Burgin Estel), 1898-1993
- East Tennessee State University--Aerial Views
- East Tennessee State University--Alumni and alumnae
- East Tennessee State University--Anniversaries, etc.
- East Tennessee State University--Buildings
- East Tennessee State University--Societies, etc.
- East Tennessee State University--Sports
- East Tennessee State University--Students
- Gilbreath, Sidney G. (Sidney Gordon), 1869-1961
- Negatives (photographic)
- Sherrod, Charles C.
- Slides (photographs)
- Universities and colleges--Tennessee--Departments
- Veterans Administration Center (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- M. Tedesco; N. Irwin
- Language of description