Thomas Nance Daniel Collection
Collection — other: Box 1
Identifier: 100-UnivRec 50
The photographs in this collection depict a number of subjects, including World War II, Appalachian landscapes, events, individuals, and buildings at ETSU, and portraits.
- Daniel, Thomas Nance, 1911-1980 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
The prints are arranged in one series and grouped by subject within this series. Each print is numbered consecutively.
Method of Acquisition
The Thomas Nance Daniel Collection was transferred to the archives on behalf of the Office of University Relations by Tom Daniel on March 16, 1979. The original donation included over 200,000 primarily black and white photographic prints and negatives mainly of East Tennessee State University. The ETSU prints and negatives have been incorporated into the University Photographic Collection (Accession 66).
M.Tedesco completed processing the collection in 1991, and N.Irwin processed the addition in 1996.
- Montgomery of Alamein, Bernard Law Montgomery, Viscount, 1887-1976
- Culp, Delos Poe
- Daniel, Thomas Nance, 1911-1980
- Dossett, Burgin E. (Burgin Estel), 1898-1993
- East Tennessee State University--Bands
- East Tennessee State University--Buildings
- East Tennessee State University--Sports
- Grandfather Mountain (N.C.)
- Historic buildings -- Tennessee, East
- Negatives (photographic)
- Shelbridge (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- United States. Army--History--World War, 1939-1945
- World War, 1939-1945
- M.Tedesco and N. Irwin
- Language of description