University School Records
Collection — Multiple Containers
The University School Records contain correspondence, memoranda, bank statements, purchase requisitions, photographs, recommendations, and enrollment lists. The papers document the general administrative operation of the University School from 1947 to 1952 and the functioning of the school's parent support group, the University School Parent-Teacher Association from 1955 to 1993.
- 1947-1993 and undated
- University School (Johnson City, Tenn.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research. The summer school grades (May 1950-September 1950) that were included with these records have been restricted and removed from this collection. They have been placed in the case file.
5.00 linear feet
The records are organized into two series: Series 1, Administrative Files, 1947-1952 and Series 2, Parent-Teacher Association Records, 1955-1993 and undated.
Method of Acquisition
The University School Records were transferred to the University Archives by Sam Humphreys, principal, February 10, 1989.
Accruals and Additions
An addition consisting of Parent-Teacher Association records was donated on June 1, 2000 by school officials and incorporated into the existing collection in May 2001.
Six color photographs of a Halloween Party held at University School on October 14, 2001 and five color photographs of the "Campbell Soup Kids" visit to the University School cafeteria to collect soup labels on October 25, 1993, have been removed from Box 7, folder 6 and housed in a folder by accession number in Small Photographic Collections Box 5.
Scott Schwartz, M. Garant, A. Cunningham, and A. Kilgore completed processing the collection in 1990.
- Alexander, Philip Wade
- Davis, Mack P. (Mack Parker)
- Loyd, James W. (James Walter), 1921-
- Ross, Ella V. (Ella Virginia), 1902-1991
- Corporation records
- Dossett, Burgin E. (Burgin Estel), 1898-1993
- East Tennessee State College. Training School
- Ledgers (account books)
- National Education Week
- Reading--Remedial teaching
- Sherrod, Charles C.
- Student teachers
- Teachers--Insurance requirements
- Teachers--Training of
- Scott Schwartz, M. Garant, A. Cunningham, and A. Kilgore; Ned Irwin and Jamie Roberts
- Language of description
- finding aid revision date not supplied: In 2001, Ned Irwin and Jamie Roberts processed the addition to the collection and revised the finding aid.