The Women's Faculty Club records include the constitution and amendments, minutes, yearbooks, membership lists, financial records, publicity, programs, correspondence, invitation list, scrapbooks and programs, plans for socials, and photographs documenting the history and functioning of the organization.
The records are arranged in three series: Series 1, Subject Files, 1916-1999; Series 2, Invitation Card Files, 1973-1976; Series 3, Scrapbooks, 1950-1969
Method of Acquisition
The records of the Women's Faculty Club of East Tennessee State University were deposited in the special collections of the Sherrod Library in 1970. When the Archives of Appalachia opened in the fall of 1978, these records were transferred to the University Archives.
Accruals and Additions
Additional material was transferred by Ethel Garrity, ETSU, on September 17, 1997 and Edith Keys, Johnson City, Tennessee on May 28, 2001.
Processing of the records by Vinita Whittaker and Ned Irwin was completed in December 1997 and revised in May 2001.