Mildred S. Kozsuch Papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
The Papers Series contains correspondence, publications, National Register of Historic sites information, as well as a large amount of information concerning the John Sevier homesite. The prints in the Photograph Series cover various aspects of life in the Johnson City/Jonesborough, Tennessee area, c. 1867-1940. Included, for example, are photos of family festivals, funeral ceremonies, children, individuals at work, and buildings. The Postcards Series cover several subjects including Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, Jonesborough and Johnson City, TN and Tri-City businesses. The Audio series contains 6 boxes of cassette tapes documenting local history, and the Oversize Series contains 4 folders with advertisements, certificates, photographs, and newspapers.
- Kozsuch, Mildred S. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
6.25 linear feet (8.25 legal boxes, 6 cassette tape boxes, 2 oversize folders)
4.25 linear feet
2.00 linear feet
Method of Acquisition
The Mildred S. Kozsuch Collection consists of print and negative black and white copies of originals loaned to the archives by Mildred S. Kozsuch in July, 1986.
Existence and Location of Originals
The university photographer made the duplicates in October-November, 1986.
Marie Tedesco completed processing, and the photographs became available for research on December 23, 1986. Sierra Maxwell processed the materials contained in the Papers, Postcards, and Audio-Visual series in Nov-Dec 2013.
- Boone, Daniel, 1734-1820
- Crockett, Davy, 1786-1836
- Sevier, John, 1745-1815
- Taylor, Alfred Alexander, 1848-1931
- Compact discs
- Dwellings -- Tennessee -- Washington County
- Farm buildings
- Festivals -- Tennessee
- Funeral rites and ceremonies
- Jonesborough (Tenn.)
- Jonesborough (Tenn.) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Jonesborough (Tenn.)--Commerce
- National Register of Historic Places
- Negatives (photographic)
- Nolichucky River Power Plant
- Public worship
- Railroad stations
- Railroads--Tennessee--Johnson City
- Sepulchral monuments
- Washington College (Washington County, Tenn.)
- Washington County Courthouse (Jonesborough, Tenn.)
- Sierra Maxwell
- Language of description
- finding aid revision date not supplied: The finding aid was revised by Marie Tedesco in 1989 and 1992. Finding aid was updated in December 2013 to reflect the Papers, Postcards, and Audio-Visual series.