The Mickey A. Jilton Collection consists of field books and cross-section books of Johnson City, 1907-1926. The engineering survey books in the Jilton collection contain street and sidewalk grades, maps of sewer and paving, and a survey of the "new" 1911 water system.
The collection consists of one series with books arranged chronologically by date.
Method of Acquisition
The Mickey A. Jilton Collection was bought by Mickey A. Jilton from an antique dealer on the Kingsport Highway. The dealer had obtained the books from records discarded when the Johnson City City Hall moved from its old location at 201 West Market to its present building. Mr. and Mrs. Jilton donated the collection to the Archives of Appalachia in February of 1980.
Anne Sims completed processing, and the collection was opened for research in March of 1980.