Earth, Trees, and Seeds University Garden Club
The Earth, Trees, and Seeds Garden Club was organized in 1954 by members of the East Tennessee State College faculty, staff, and wives of faculty with a common interest in gardening and floriculture. In 1960, the Earth, Trees, and Seeds Garden Club became a member of the Tennessee Federation of Garden Clubs. The name was changed to Earth, Trees and Seeds University Garden Club in 1963 when East Tennessee State College was elevated to university status. The organization was involved in many horticultural activities, including the Tipton Haynes Historical Landscape Site project and the ETSU campus beautification project. The Earth, Trees, and Seeds University Garden Club withdrew from the Tennessee Federation of Garden Clubs in 1989 and disbanded in 1991.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Multiple Containers
Arrangement The collection is divided into three series: Series 1, Organization Records, 1954-1991; Series 2, Scrapbooks and Memorabilia, 1963-1985; and Series 3, Miscellaneous Publications, 1979-1991.