East Tennessee State University. Division of Library Service
The ETSU Division of Library Service was begun in 1936 as a subject program rather than an academic department. The purpose of the program was to train students for school librarianship and to conduct "Library Institutes" (in-service training program) for school librarians in the summer. It was a part of the ETSU library from 1936 until 1949. In the 1960s, it became a division of the College of Education; in 1977 being the Division of Library Service; and in 1982 the Program of Library Service. The division was headed by Elise Barrett from 1949-1976 followed by Dorothy S. Baird from 1977-1987.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: 100-UnivRec 151
Arrangement The collection is arranged into three series: Series 1, Subject Files, 1941-1981, arranged alphabetically according to subject; Series 2, Audio and Video Tapes, 1963-1980, arranged alphabetically according to subject; and Series 3, Photographs, 1965 and undated, arranged by subject as follows: events, lecturers speakers, libraries, and schools.